Vision, Mission, Goals and Principles
All public health organizations and professionals in Canada will have the support, knowledge, skills and capacity to use the best available evidence in their public health decisions.
The NCCMT will enhance public health practice and policy in Canada by providing leadership and expertise in evidence-informed decision making to Canadian public health organizations.
- To develop the organizational capacity and individual knowledge and skills of those involved in public health to use the best available evidence to inform practice and policy.
- To meet the identified needs of those working in public health by developing, maintaining and updating key resources relevant to evidence-informed decision making and knowledge translation.
- To contribute to active and sustainable networks that enable practitioners, program decision makers, knowledge experts, policy makers and researchers to use the best available evidence in practice and policy.
- Collaborate with national and international public health and knowledge-sharing organizations.
- Avoid unnecessary duplication of public health processes and products for using the best available evidence in practice and policy across all domains of public health.
- Respond to the needs identified by public health professionals.
- Provide innovative, high quality, up-to-date methods and tools for using the best available evidence in practice and policy.
- Provide leadership for decision-makers facing challenges related to using the best available evidence in practice and policy.